What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant is one of the most well-known hair loss treatment among people of different age group. This treatment has two methods FUE and FUT. During the hair transplant surgery, the hair follicles are taken from the back of the scalp and then they are implanted on the affected area or where the hair growth is very less. The choice of the treatment depends on the extent of hair loss the patient is suffering from and the type of hair loss.
After getting the surgery, some of the patients do not take proper care. Due to this, the results are not effective and up to the mark. It is very important to take proper care of the recipient and donor area. The patient needs to follow the prescription which the doctor will provide you.
- The most important thing is to take all the medication on time. Don’t take any other medicine as it might lead to some side effect. The hair follicles will get damage and re-growth will not be proper. In some cases, the patient might have to get other sessions of hair transplant. So, it better to follow your doctor advice properly.
- After the surgery, you will notice redness and swelling on the scalp. No doubt, it is very common but the patient has to take proper care otherwise it might lead to some infection. You should avoid touching the affected area with hands. You can apply ice on the scalp to reduce swelling and redness. If pain and swelling are not going away then ask your doctor to recommend some ointment which you can apply on the scalp.
- Your diet also plays an important role. Follow a strict diet plan and include all the right nutrients. Your body needs nutrients for healing process and recovery.
- Avoid using any type of hair product on the scalp. Use only the products which the doctor suggest you. Apply very mild shampoo and conditioner on the scalp. If you use products which contain chemicals than it might lead to some type of infection.
- After the surgery, at least for 7 days keep your head elevated or till the time you experience swelling. In some cases, the patient will feel pain for a few days or some might not even experience it at all.
Keep in mind that after the surgery you will experience some hair fall which is normal. Apart from that, you should take proper care and your healing process will be fast. No doubt, recovery takes time but care is also important.