The problem of hair loss is common for both men and women of all age groups. Some of the causes are stress, pregnancy, hypothyroidism, nutritional deficiencies and if use hair styling tools in excess. To treat the problem at right time you should visit the doctor. After they find the root cause of the problem they will suggest you the hair transplant. The hair transplant surgery is recommended for those patients when the problem is very major.
Methods of hair transplant
Hair transplant surgery can be performed in two methods. Both of the methods are explained below and how they are different from each other.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): In this method, the hair follicles are taken from the donor area and then placed into the recipient area. The hair follicles grafts are removed with the help of a device and then placed into the area which needs treatment.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT): In this method, the hairs are taken from the back of the scalp and then they are put into the bald area. During the treatment, the patient is given local anesthesia. After the surgery, the patient can go home.
Which one should you choose?
Donor Area for grafting:
• FUE: For the treatment entire scalp and the entire body can be used for hair grafting.
• FUT: In this method, only the sides or back of the scalp can be used as a donor area.
Shaving Donor Area:
• FUE: In this method, the donor area must be shaved before the extraction of hairs.
• FUT: In this method, shaving is not compulsory, trimming can be done.
• FUE: In this method, there is no need for stitches.
• FUT: In this method, stitches are required to close the wound which is caused by strip removal.
Pain in the Donor Area:
• FUE: During the surgery, the pain is very less. The pain can be managed with cold compression.
• FUT: The pain can be minimal to moderate because of the strip cutting on the scalp.
Donor Area Scarring:
• FUE: The scars are very less because there is no need of stitches in this process.
• FUT: After the treatment, the scars are difficult to hide.
• FUE: The recovery period after the treatment is around 3 to 4 days.
• FUT: The recovery period in this method is at least one week.
Cost of Treatment:
• FUE: It is the expensive method of hair transplant.
• FUT: This method is cheap and affordable.
You should consult the doctor properly if you have any doubts and then choose the best method for the treatment.