In this article, we are going to discuss the difference between cool sculpting and liposuction surgery:
How safe is the treatment?
- CoolSculpting is an invasive treatment and side effects are minor. There might be short-term bruising or skin that can be sensitive. In most cases, the side effects will go within a few weeks.
- Liposuction is an invasive treatment and it is done with anesthesia. The side effects include blood clots, anesthesia result in negative reaction or there might be some serious health problems.
The patients with heart issues are not recommended this treatment or even pregnant women should not undergo the surgery.
What about the treatment convenience?
- Coolsculpting is an outpatient treatment. Every session will take around an hour and you need to undergo a few sessions within a few weeks apart. The results from the surgery will be seen within a few weeks and full results will be noticed in a few months.
- Liposuction is also outpatient treatment. The entire process will take around one to two hours. The recovery process will take several days. You need to get only one session to get the desired results.
How much does the surgery cost?
The treatment cost of both treatments will vary differently. Every patient condition is different so
your surgeon is the right person to tell you about the total cost.
What about treatment effectiveness?
- Coolsculpting helps to eliminate around 25 percent of the fat cells from the body.
- Liposuction can remove around 5 liters or about 11 pounds of the fat cells and this is a safe amount to be taken out.
No matter which option you choose or the surgeon recommends both of them will give effective results.
What about the surgical procedure?
- Coolsculpting is an invasive treatment plan and it is also known as cryolipolysis. With this surgery, the extra fat cells are removed from underneath the skin. During the surgery, special tools are used which helps to free the fat. One week after the surgery, the body will eliminate the frozen fat naturally along with dead fat cells through the liver. The procedure is nonsurgical and it does not result in stitching, cutting recovery time, or anesthesia.
- The liposuction treatment is non-invasive and it includes stitching, cutting, and anesthetizing. The team will use the local anesthesia or you will be given the sedative which is general anesthesia. In this surgery, a small incision is made and a narrow suction tool is used to take out the fat from the specific body part.
How long does the treatment take?
- Coolsculpting will take around one hour and you need to attend a few sessions to see the effective results. The initial results you will be able to see within a few weeks following the treatment. In most cases, the final results will be seen within 3 months following the treatment.
- In the case of liposuction, there is only one session needed. The surgery takes 1 to 2 hours and also according to the area which needs the treatment. Following the surgery, you will be able to get back home. The recovery will take around a few days.