When a patient undergoes the treatment of a hair transplant in Punjab from the best surgeon he makes sure to inform you about the entire process. During the surgery, hair follicles are taken from the back of the scalp known as the donor site and then transplanted to the problematic part known as the recipient site.
What is the method of defining the donor area?
The donor area group is known as a graft. The graft is the body part from where the quality hair follicles are present and this is why it is known as the donor area. During the surgery, the hair follicles are extracted from the donor area and then transplanted to where hair growth is less.
The micro drill is used which helps in loosening the hair follicles and get them ready to be transplanted to bald areas.
Mostly, the hair follicles are taken from the back of the scalp. In some cases, if there is some issue, then the hair follicles can be taken from the chest, or other body parts. The rest of the body part areas are considered good because the hair does not fall out easily.
What is the importance of the donor area?
- The donor area helps to know whether the person is an ideal candidate for the treatment or not. In androgenetic alopecia, hair growth is affected by the androgens. The follicles of these types are transplanted to the body parts which have greater chances to develop in the future.
- The surgeon selects the hair follicles with precision so that their chances of survival are great following the hair transplantation. This helps the person to get the long-lasting results following the surgery. So, to fulfil the bald areas completely on the scalp, the availability of donor areas is extremely essential.
What is the importance of the donor area for hair transplantation?
- The good donor is scalp hair from the adjoining temporal area and occipital zone. After that, comes the beard area as the donor area. Beard area is thick and they do not get affected by the DHT. Beard hair helps in giving the crown area better coverage but they cannot be used for the hairline zone.
- Abdomen and chest hair can be used for patients with advanced levels of baldness. The hair is thin but it helps in giving the best effect between scalp and beard hair. The donor area for women in only scalp hair.
Effective hair transplantation methods
FUE and FUT are the best methods of extracting the hair follicles from the scalp and then transplanting them to thin and bald areas.
- With FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), the hair follicles are taken one by one and transplanted where hair growth is extremely less.
- With FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation), a strip of hair is taken from the back of the scalp and then transplanted where hair growth is less.